About the Client
Our client is a leading US-based furniture store doing business via both online channels and physical outlets.
The client wanted us to build a direct in-house email campaign management system (fully automated, flexible, and extensible) to identify target customers for each campaign and customize the offers/mailers that are sent out.
Client Challenges/Pain Points
The following were the challenges and precisely why the client consulted for our analytics services:
- Data had to be extracted from traditional mainframe systems
- Dynamic rules engine framework had to be built to enable the business to add custom filters at any point
- Historical data of executed campaigns were not readily available
To begin with, Reliant Vision leveraged data ingestion pipeline to ingest customer and campaign data (including third party data on customer credit scores) and developed a data ingestion framework to parallelly extract multiple data from the mainframe systems. We also identified customers for address standardization based on customer profiling and stored all the data generated by filtering/suppression. Reliant Vision team also built a front-end application to provide business users with the flexibility to customize campaigns each month. The data volume considered was 100 GB of data per day; 100+ million records per day.
Some of the technologies used in the process are NoSQL databases, knowledge discovery tools, stream analytics and predictive analysis.
- Identified USD 100,000 cost-benefit per month by bringing address standardization and in-house data processing
- Improved overall timeline for campaign preparation and execution by 90%
- Greater visibility and audit of data cleansing as compared to third party vendors
- The solution developed provided the flexibility to run any number of campaigns as opposed to only being able to run seven campaigns a month previously