Website development applications such as MEAN and MERN stacks have gained prominence in recent years. MEAN and MERN stack have revolutionized the IT industry by providing the best customization opportunities and posing challenges to the developers.
Choosing between MEAN versus MERN stack is a big question for developers, as they need to take into factors such as the size of the project, focus on performance, productivity & error prevention, long-term maintenance that helps them in making the right choice.
What is MEAN Stack?
The benefits of using MEAN stack for website developers include-
- With the same coding language used for both client and server side systems, it becomes quite easy to switch between the two. It is not required to have a third party server and the application can be easily opened directly on Node.js.
- The flexibility of MEAN Stack ensures that you can host applications on a cloud for testing. Since its database system (Mango DB) is cloud based, the device can be put on the cloud enabling automatic start sharing and clustering support across systems.
- Since huge online community backs up the stack, you can find comprehensive solutions for any of the issues/problems about the MERN stack.
- MVC architecture compatibility provides MEAN stack a high level of productivity and MEAN stack web applications are supported by automatic testing making quality check easy for companies.
MERN Stack – What are its benefits?
Benefits of MERN stack – An Overview
The benefits of the MERN stack of using for website development include-
- It is compatible with MVC architecture thereby enabling a smooth development process
- It eliminates the hassles of loading a new page for every action.
- MERN stack is backed up by a set of pre-existing testing tools providing quality assurance to developers.
- It has an open source JS library
Difference between MEAN & MERN Stack –What are they
The key difference between MEAN and MERN is the shift in technology from Angular to React. React offers a better documentation system than Angular and the former has taken over the latter over these years. Nevertheless, Angular being a complete framework enhances productivity.
How to choose between MEAN & MERN
When choosing between MEAN and MERN stack, you should take into account the following factors such as-
- Size of your project: In case your project is a large one then MERN is the right fit as it offers unidirectional data binding.
- Productivity: MEAN stack is superior it terms of productivity and cost effectiveness as Angular itself is a complete framework in itself that makes upgrading codes much easier than React.
- Performance: React scores over Angular in performance through virtual DOM.
- Error prevention: MEAN Stack is the right choice if you are working on projects that have chances of making errors. MEAN stack eliminates the chances of coding errors with Angular use of Typescript that takes care of errors during coding stage itself.
- Future Maintenance: React is emerging as the torchbearer when it comes to future maintenance and web application alterations.
Finally choosing between MEAN and MERN stack depends upon your overall requirements, priorities, and kinds of projects you are handling to determine the best stack for your project based on benefits of both the stacks.